In the works and utterances of Swami Vivekananda are often found short statements
that contain powerful truths, have in themselves remarkable power and constitute sort
of condensed language. Here are some of these ‘aphorisms,’:
- Strength is Life, Weakness is death.
- Really, there is no greater sin than cowardice; cowards are never saved — that is sure.
- Liberty is nothing more than destruction of ignorance.
- None will reach truth until he is strong.
- Concentration is restraining the mind into smaller and smaller limits.
- The glory of life is chastity.
- There is no virtue higher than non-injury.
- From contentment comes superlative happiness.
- Life is but a dream of death.
- Please everyone without becoming a hypocrite or a coward
- Friendship with many is good at a distance.
- The greatest name man ever gave to God is Truth.
- There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- Love is always the highest ideal.
- Strength is the medicine for the world’s disease.
- The highest truth is always the simplest.
- By truth we attain fruits of work.
- Truth never dreams.
- Whatever exists has a reason; find that reason.
- The only worship is love.
- To the Yogi everything is bliss.
- This Atman is not accessible to the weak.
- Women deserve and are fit for everything.
- Get your Post (God).
- Love is its own end. It can never be the means.
- The one whose whole soul is given up to God has reached the superconscious plane.