Home » Biographical » List of Books on Swami
Category Archives: List of Books on Swami
Miscellaneous books on the Swami and associates
Poems / Swami Vivekananda. Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1947. xii, 67 p. ; 17 cm. English
Books that contain teachings of the Swami and his associates
- Manmath Nath Chatterji, (Comp.)
Studies in universal religion : Ramakrishna. Calcutta : Oriental Publishing House, 1920. iv, 506, xviii p. ; 17 cm. Contains index.; “Complied from various authenticated sources and done into English” – t.-p.; An attempt to set forth Sri Ramakrishna’s teachings on universal religion in a simple style.
- Muller, F. Max (Friedrich Max), 1823-1900.
Ramakrishna, his life and sayings / by F. Max Muller.London ; New York : Longmans, Green, and Co., 1923. xi, 200 p. ; 18 cm. Includes index.
- Ramakrishna, 1836-1886.
Teachings of Sri Ramakrishna. New ed. Almora, Himalayas : Advaita Ashrama, 1934, 1937 printing. viii, 401 p. : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Swami Abhedananda (Comp.) Ramakrishna, 1836-1886.
The sayings of Ramakrishna, with an explanatory life of Ramakrishna. 2nd ed. Calcutta : Ramakrishna Vedanta math, 1946. 10 [iv], 244 p. : front., plate ; 15 cm. Contains index.; First published from New York Vedanta Society in 1903.
Books by Vivekananda
- Bhakti-yoga. Published Madras 1896 .
- Caste, culture and socialism. Almora : Advaita ashrama, 1947. xvi, 99, iii p. 16 cm.
- Christ, the messenger. 2nd ed. Calcutta : Udbodhan Office, 1943. ii, 28 p. : ill. ; 18 cm. English
- The complete works of Swami Vivekananda. Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1926-1936. 7 v. in 8 ; 21 cm
- The East and the West. 4th ed. Almora : Advaita ashrama, 1949. ii, 119 p. : plate ; 19 cm.
- Epistles of Swami Vivekananda : first series. 4th ed. Almora : Advaita ashrama, 1925. ii, 96 p. ; 18 cm.
- Essentials of Hinduism : compiled from the speeches and writings of Swami Vivekananda. 2nd ed. Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1944. 72 p. ; 17 cm.
- Hinduism. Madras : Sri Ramakrishna Math, 1943. iv, 109 p. ; 17 cm. English.
- Inspired Talks. Notes of a series of inspiring class talks of Swami Vivekananda delivered during his seven weeks’ stay at Thousand Island park, U.S.A. on various religious and philosophical topics and recorded by Miss S.E. Waldo, an American disciple.
pages 236+x ISBN 264-2
- Karma Yoga. Published February 1896, New York.
- Lectures from Colombo to Almora. Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1933. viii, 407 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Letters of Swami Vivekananda. 2nd ed. Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1942. vii, 435 p. ; 18 cm.
- Modern India. 3rd ed. Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1939. iv, 64 p. ; 17 cm.
- Our women. 1st ed. Karachi : Sri Ramakrishna Math, 1945. x, 48 p. ; 16 cm.
- Raja Yoga. Published from London, July 1896
- Religion of love. 7th ed. Calcutta : Udbodhan Office, 1947. iv, 109 p. : ill. ; 18 cm. English
- Salvation and service. Almora : Advaita ashrama, 1949. vi, 81 p. ; 20 cm. Append.; A collection of thoughts culled from numerous letters.
- The science and philosophy of religion: a comparative study of Sankhya, Vedanta, and other systems of thought. Calcutta : Udbodhan Office, 1908. vii, 187 p. ; 18 cm
- Selections from Swami Vivekananda . Almora : Advaita Ashrama, 1944. xi, 612 p. : ill. ; 18 cm. Includes index.;
Vivekananda : the Yogas and other works. New York : Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Center , 1953. xii [i], 978 p. : front., plate ; 24 cm.